SHE'S HERE!!
Emri Kim Sanders was born on April 8th at 9:06 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long. She has a little bit of dark hair with two sweet cow-licks in the front (something she got from her mother and that she will probably hate when she gets older...sorry Emri). She is so beautiful and we are so excited to have her in our family!
Ok, so here's the story...I woke up at 4:30 am, started timing my contractions (they were about 3-5 minutes apart at that point. I also thought that maybe my water had broken but wasn't sure...), went into the hospital at 6:30, and she was born by 9:06! I know, not much of a story. But the fact that it went so fast was pretty exciting to me! Also my epidural didn't work, which I'm not sure if that's really an "exciting" part of the story, but I think it makes the story a little more interesting :) So I had her pretty much all naturally! And I actually did think that was pretty exciting, but not at the time that's for sure! While I was going thro labor I wasn't too thrilled that the epidural wasn't working. But hey, now I know that I can do it naturally next time! If I don't chicken out that is :)
Kiley, Azuree and I couldn't be more in love with this little girl! (Well...Azuree is still deciding ha ha) It's amazing how someone so small, new and helpless can completely change your world for the better. When we found out we were expecting again Kiley and I wondered how we could possibly love another little person as much as we love Azuree, but we sure do! We couldn't love her more! We love both of our little girls so much and we are so lucky that Heavenly Father chose to trust them into our care. They are our biggest blessings and our greatest joy.
I am so glad that Azuree and Emri are so close in age. I hope that means that they will look out for and care for each other. I get more and more excited and anxious for the day when they can play and do things together. Yes, I know there will probably be a lot of fighting and bickering together too, but it will be worth it, right? :)
Here are the first few picture's we got of Emri Kim right after she was born.
I love her chubby cheeks! She definitely isn't a small baby.
Kiley is such a wonderful father. I love him so much :)
We were so lucky to have lot's of family come and visit us!
When Azuree came to the hospital to see her new baby sister she was WAY more excited to see Grandpa and Grandma! She really didn't pay much attention to Emri at all. It was funny :)
We took Emri home the next day. Kiley bought some balloons and a stuffed turtle for Emri and Azuree was so excited! She love's balloons :)
It still amazes me that Azuree was smaller than Emri. Azuree is growing up so fast, I can hardly stand it!
Kiley sure loves his girls!
Azuree is still getting used to having Emri around, but she does pretty good with her. She brings me diapers when it's time to change the baby and she tells me when the baby's crying. She's mommy's best helper :)
What a good big sister :)
Here's Azuree entertaining sister (and herself) with a rattle.
In my completely unbiased opinion, I think that Emri is such a beautiful baby!
Emri definitely looks more like the Call side than Azuree did.
It's so amazing (and a little crazy) to me that I am now the mother of two beautiful little girls! And the wife of a wonderful, loving husband! I never imagined how much my life would change in only three short years. Yup, it has been almost exactly three years since Kiley and I started dating! WOW!! I still can't believe it sometimes... And the *really crazy thing is that life will keep on moving forward, time will keep on passing, and my life will keep on changing. My little girls will never stop growing up. No matter how much I may want to stop time, or even just pause it for a little while, I can't. But it's ok! Because I know that is part of my Heavenly Father's plan for me and my family! We can't stay in one place. We need to keep moving forward and we need to learn from the changes that come. And even tho time keeps rolling forward and my little girls keep growing and growing, it doesn't scare me. It doesn't scare me because I know that my family can be together forever! I love my family so much! I honestly can't imagine my life getting any better than it is right now.
I AM SO BLESSED!!!
It's so amazing (and a little crazy) to me that I am now the mother of two beautiful little girls! And the wife of a wonderful, loving husband! I never imagined how much my life would change in only three short years. Yup, it has been almost exactly three years since Kiley and I started dating! WOW!! I still can't believe it sometimes... And the *really crazy thing is that life will keep on moving forward, time will keep on passing, and my life will keep on changing. My little girls will never stop growing up. No matter how much I may want to stop time, or even just pause it for a little while, I can't. But it's ok! Because I know that is part of my Heavenly Father's plan for me and my family! We can't stay in one place. We need to keep moving forward and we need to learn from the changes that come. And even tho time keeps rolling forward and my little girls keep growing and growing, it doesn't scare me. It doesn't scare me because I know that my family can be together forever! I love my family so much! I honestly can't imagine my life getting any better than it is right now.
I AM SO BLESSED!!!







You're right- she is beautiful! Congratulations. I like her name, too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty, pretty baby! We sure love our new niece and can't wait to meet her so we can smother her with hugs, kisses, and snuggles! I hope everything's going well for you as you settle into life with 2 littles. Your girls are so lucky to have each other and I know they'll have SO much fun as they grow up together. You have a beautiful family and we sure love you guys! Oh and WAY TO GO on being so tough and doing a natural labor. It sounds like you didn't have much choice in the matter:) but still, that is a huge accomplishment!!! Love you Aud!
ReplyDelete