Awhile back Kiley and I bought some...pretty interesting couches at a store here in town. The furniture is stuff that resorts are getting rid of so they sell it pretty cheap. At that time we really needed some couches and even tho I really hated the horse and saddle fabric, we decided to go ahead and get these because they were a really good deal. We got a couch with a queen hidaway bed, an overstuffed chair, coffee and end table, 2 table lamps, a floor lamp and even a TV all for a really good price. I figured I could live with them for a while. Then one day while yardsale-ing I found a whole roll of upholstery fabric! I was pretty excited cause it's really nice fabric and it is usually really expensive. So we decided to undertake the project of recovering our couch cushions! I will admit that in these pics the forest green doesn't look the best with the other fabric and if I would've had a choice I don't think I would have put the two together, but honestly I think the camera makes the forest green stand out more than it does in person. I honestly don't think it looks that bad in person... Anyways, maybe our next project will be to come up with a slip cover for the rest of the couch and chair. But for now here are some pics of this project!
We had lot's of fun doing these couches. It's fun to have a husband who likes to do these kind of crafty projects! I love it :)
Here's a few random pics of our little family...
Sacaga-daddy
If found this dress at the D.I. and I LOVE it! I think it was actually supposed to be a shirt for a toddler because it was a size 2T but I fixed the sleeves and voila! It's the perfect little dress!
This pic just makes me laugh :)
I think we might've gone a little over board taking pics of her in this little dress, but we just couldn't help it! She looked too cute to stop taking pics!
Good morning Mommy!
I wish I could be this happy when I wake up in the mornings...
Azuree loves playing with her cousin Tucker!
So this next project will take a little explaining too. The Abbey Inn, where Kiley works, is updating their furniture and selling their old stuff. It's all really pretty and most of it is still in pretty good shape. I decided to go over and look at what they had and there was one of the granite top dressers that had a big crack down the middle of the granite. When they tried to move it half of the granite top broke off in several pieces, so Kiley's boss said she'd give it to us for $10. We took it off their hands and I decided to do a mosaic-type top on the dresser with the old granite. Here are some pics of that way fun project!
A few of the broken pieces of granite...
Before...
After!
Sure, I might've spent more money than it's worth on the grout and stuff but I had so much fun doing it! I don't know why, but I love doing this kind of stuff! I'm way excited to use it!
Yesterday was Kiley's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE! We had school earlier in the day so we weren't able to do much, but later that night we were able to have some cake and ice cream with family and friends. Now...about the cake...I really need to stop experimenting with new recipes on special occasions! I found this recipe for a yellow birthday cake online and the lady went on and on about how it's the only cake her husband ever wants her to cook for his birthday and yada yada. So I thought it should be pretty good, right? Nope. I guess it wasn't totally bad, but it was just way too dry and it tasted like cornmeal. It didn't even have cornmeal in it...not sure how I managed that one. And then the other day I went to my friend's little girl's 1st birthday party and my friend used this really yummy frosting recipe on the cupcakes for the party. I really liked it so I decided I'd use it on Kiley's birthday cake. This frosting is really fluffy and light, but apparently it doesn't work very well on layered cake. All the frosting I put in the middle of the layers squished out so our cake ended up having a fat tire around it's middle. It was actually pretty funny :) I'm just glad Kiley is willing to put up with all of my experiments. He's such a good husband! I love you Sweetie!
And I tried to make the frosting orange because that's Kiley's favorite color, but it turned out kind of a peachy, salmon-ish color. Oh well. :)
"Mistakes are sometimes the best memories!"
Hope you have a good day!
Oh my goodness! I am so impressed with your dresser granite top. That is so awesome. It looks great! and lots of Happy Birthday wishes to Kiley!
ReplyDeletehaha, the cake story is funny :)And I am super impressed with your granite project! I don't think I could ever be that creative, sometimes I try, but....I will just stick to scrapbooking and quilting for now!
ReplyDeleteHey! Your projects are amazing! Nice job! and I totally relate to the cake story....remember Brynn's? My first try at fondant ~ ha! He told me not to post pics anywhere of his cake....thats pretty bad. Yours, at least, can be photographed with dignity. And I think it looks yummy! and what a cute dress! I'll bet that dress will work for the wedding, too. Wow...lots of success all around.
ReplyDeleteAudrey, you are so crafty. I love it! I also love your new haircut. I cut mine short too. Perfect for summer! That cake looks yummy. Azuree is adorable and I love that color dress on her.
ReplyDelete